It's a non-affiliated blog review of exfoliating socks on horribly cracked and dry feet.
I had seen something on People Magazine's website about these exfoliating socks for about 25$ from Amazon. I am usually not one to watch beauty product reviews but this screamed at me because if they do work - my feet could use them!
I didn't get mine from Amazon but ended up forgetting about them and then happened to come across them (similar) in the grocery store's beauty section!
They were 22€ or so and seeing as pedicures are so much more here - I figured it was well worth it.
That and the last time I had a pedicure was while pregnant with V-Man and it was a going away gift from my work colleagues! I also haven't bothered looking around here because my feet are so horribly and deeply cracked like an ancient mummy! It's embarrassing and the poor lady would probably have to get a professional sanding machine to attack my dry feet!
I waited awhile before I actually got to try them because I needed to figure out when I was going to put them on!
They're to be worn for 90 minutes solid and your feet should peel within 2-3 days and up to 15 days.
I stuffed my feet into the plastic booties, taped them down (they did smell strongly of alcohol) and watched a movie.
I rinsed my feet after and my skin was super soft. I was tempted to scrub the thick layers with a foot file but decided against it.
They didn't peel until 6 days afterward and as they continued to peel - I was ecstatic!
It was working!
Some things you should know about using these (that may or may not be listed in the instructions - I wouldn't know because it wasn't written in English):
- Yes your feet will peel like cray-cray (extremely crazy is what I'm guessing this means and not like a cray fish) - so keep wearing socks and you probably don't want to wear sandals.
- You can and SHOULD moisturize - they'll STILL peel! (Wish I knew this a bit earlier on but anyway.)
- Your feet are going to be sensitive because of the thicker excess dried layers are gone/in the process of shedding.
- You might not be able to handle as hot or cold temperatures in the tub/shower as what you're used to.
- Stepping on crumbs was very painful for me - never mind Lego pieces or toy cars!
- It's worth it! :D
I may have deleted those photos of my feet in the booties - as I can't find them anymore - but it's pretty simple to use and here are some pics I happened to find on my phone of the 6-days later results!
|Peeling like a snake!|
|Tops of my feet too!|
Overall? I'd do it again and probably have to anyway. I've been wearing sandals and the skin is toughening up again.
Now that I know that I can moisturize afterward - I will and I think it'll make a difference too!
Happy feet to you,