Sunday 3 April 2016

New Year's Resolution Recipe #11: Parma Chicken!

If you're looking for what appears to be a fairly classy-looking meal that won't break the bank - then I present to you "Parma Chicken"!
This is something I made at cooking school recently and decided I had to try it at home with my own twist on things.

What you need:
  • Chicken breasts
  • Prosciutto or any other kind of similar smoked ham strips (a nice smokey bacon could work too)
  • Pesto (home-made or from a jar)
  • Sun dried tomatoes sliced
  • Caramelized onion chutney (or whatever flavour you fancy)
  • salt and pepper
Pre-heat your oven to 200*C (400*F).
Spray your deep baking dish with cooking spray.

If your chicken breasts are thick - then take a sharp knife and make a small but deep cut and go length-wise so you don't make a hole on both sides of the meat - this helps to create a pocket in the chicken breast.  Do this to all the breasts and then fill with pesto and sun dried tomato pieces.


If you can fit in chutney - great!  If not - spread some on top of the chicken breast and then wrap a slice of prosciutto or bacon around it.
I served it with potato pancakes - which were supposed to be croquettes originally but I lacked chilling time for the mashed potatoes - so I improvised! :)


Alternative - which is what I did because my breast meat wasn't thick enough - lie your chicken breast flat, spread pesto and sun dried tomato pieces and chutney, roll quickly and wrap with a slice of prosciutto.
Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and bake for 20 minutes or so - until chicken breast is cooked through completely.

Enjoy!
BIMU

PS Originally posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment