It's so nice and easy to make and again - I'm betting you have the ingredients at home already!
What you need:
- 3 dl of thick whipping cream (not the stuff in the can you just shake and squirt out)
- 3 dl of icing/powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Sprinkle of sea salt optional and delicious
What to do:
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and add whipping cream and sifted sugar.
- Stir continuously on medium-heat until bubbling for a couple minutes.
- Reduce heat and continue stirring to prevent burning and it'll thicken as it cooks and more as it cools!
- Sprinkle in a bit of sea salt if you like - because we all know that "Home-made Salted Caramel Sauce" sounds so much fancier ;).
- Store in a mason jar and allow to cool.
Serve with apple-based desserts like the stuffed apples down below, apple strudel, on ice-cream, as a dip for fruit - wherever you feel the need to have some caramel in your life.