Sunday 8 May 2016

Tasty Payback

Today's the day where women around the world are worshipped for being a mom. "One of the hardest jobs in the world" as it's often known as.
When you think about it- any kind of parenting is tough as f*ck.
Whether it's one kid or 20- it ain't easy.

I thought I would share my Mother's Day story.

For the fourth year running- my husband has forgotten. He was quickly reminded when the kids were bringing home their sweet little daycare homemade gifts.
He offered to cook bacon and eggs.
My husband reads and does research for a living. Why he cannot cook anything like dinner or bake a cake- is beyond me. I certainly have enough cookbooks to choose from!  Never mind a simple card- which is my honest to god favourite part of any gift or holiday.
Never mind the fact he hasn't even said "Thank you my part-time domestic goddess for hosting 3 little aliens in your womb and for dealing with all the cravings, saggy boobs, weight gain, pissing and pooping yourself regularly, insane hormone battles, stretch marks and stitches down south (with every single one) and the joys of being a full time restaurant/cow. I appreciate everything you do and love you very much. Thanks for not killing me by now."
You know- everything that's packed into "Happy Mothers Day".
(Yes the Hubster is in hot water for the past 4 years- he just doesn't know it yet. Last year was a free pass with the hospital stay and pneumonia of course!)

So yes, he made me bacon and eggs (which we have every weekend)  and dragged my lardy butt up a few hills and around the woods hiking with 2/3 kids (V-Man came home later today) and the dogs. But before we even made it to the woods- Milo felt the need to protect me from a tiny dog that was being quiet (however they may have gotten into a scuffle before)- and clawed open two of my toes trying to get this tiny beast. The bones are bruising and they hurt.
My fault for enjoying the challenge of hiking in flip flops...but anyway- pure jerk wad.

Somehow he forgot that V-Man is to be picked up by 2 and thought it was 3. I managed to don on my super cape (busted toes and all) and rushed to the bus to get the V-Man by 1:59pm. He was the last kid to be picked up and I felt awful because I didn't want their Mother's Day plans to be ruined because of us being late getting our kiddo.

So I do love pay back (within budget and reason) and I went to the gym while M-Girl was having a monster melt down (she refused to nap or listen and decided to dive face first off the coffee table and into the wooden floors) and I went to the gym for a solid 45 minutes. I then ordered Chinese food for everyone and for myself opted for Peking Duck instead of my trusty Szcheuan beef as its more pricey and today's a special day.
What the Hubster doesn't know is that this week is going to be full of suppers that he's not a fan of.

No- I won't poison him. Just making and serving food that me and the kids like and that he CAN eat with his crohn's. Spaghetti, some creamy pasta (I'm willing to suffer myself too for a good bowl!), meat loaf and salmon.

"But don't forget your 100/100 rule!" My friend kindly reminded me.
I didn't forget. I'm putting 100% by getting Chinese food and bringing it home. He did his 100% by watching the kids so I can burn off the nasty energy.

I'm all about the compromise.
And this my friends- is what marriage is really like. (At least for us.)
I figure it's kinder than screaming, making him sleep on the sofa or some other petty move.
BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment