Saturday 28 February 2015

Good-Bye Grease!

Tonight my husband (SH: super hubby) and I celebrated 8 years of wedded bliss.

I'm just kidding - that was a few days ago and we more or less clink wine glasses and congratulate each other on surviving another year without killing each other or pulling our hair out.

We went to see "Kingsman: A Secret Service" - since a friend offered to babysit and V-Man was at overnight care - and I highly recommend it!  Bit weird but at the same time - it was funny and I went to see it without having seen a trailer or knowing what the movie was about.

Anyways, an hour prior to the movie starting - we wanted to go for dinner and ended up at the fine dining level of McDonald's...every restaurant was packed or had a long wait time for food - so McDonald's it was.
It was after that Chicken Bacon Onion meal (I skipped the fries) that I decided I need to pretend like it's January 1st again and NOT eat greasy junk anymore or chug pop!
I feel like crap, my teeth feel funny (I haven't brushed them yet but anyway) and I'm looking like I'm about 4 months pregnant (totally am not so please don't start celebrating for me!).

It's icy as f*ck outside right now - so my dream of jogging daily with V-Man or my dogs is on hold (as I am going on nearly 30 years without breaking a single bone in my body) until that ice is gone.

I stepped on the scale and assuming it didn't add 2kg (with nothing on it - it's messed up) - I currently weigh 64.4kg.  For those that don't go by kg - that's about 142 pounds.
Now, please don't crap on me because you'd "love to be my size".  Please also don't advise me "you should be happy with what you're blessed with".

Currently, my pants don't fit unless they're made stretchy (I tossed on a pair of too small jeans and a long shirt and had my fly open the WHOLE night) and I simply don't have the budget or the time - to go out and shop.
Yep - not even second hand.
I'm also finding it increasingly difficult to chase my kids down or do heavy lifting - so I need to make some changes (and stick with them).

I am not blaming anyone - as I have a brain and am the one making the decisions to order the Big Mac meal or the pizza or to make sweet and sour chicken balls (aka coat chicken in heavy batter and fry/bathe in oil until golden brown) two days in a row... and not pairing that up with enough exercise, water or sleep.

I'm one of those people that if I gain weight - it goes to my face and my belly immediately.  It's like my love handles scream, "Hey Biggy (Mac) - come down here and fill up this hole!  Ice-cream sundae - you get on the right hand side!"

What I'm going to do - is try and get my ass back on track with exercising again.
I finally understand how to use the Xbox One and will try to dedicate 30 minutes a night to yoga or some other more tortuous exercising video game.  Remember - I don't see any point in registering for a gym.
I bought a kettle bell recently (4kg) and need to remember to use that too and I'm one of those weirdos that likes to plank...I can do a minute straight without crying at least.
And if I can find my iPod shuffle somewhere here - I need to learn how to download music onto the thing and start dancing in the kitchen again (blinds down and closed so I don't terrify the neighbourhood).

Anyway, I figure today's March the 1st (officially it's almost 1am!) and now is a good time to try.
I don't expect to be buffer than Arnold anytime soon (nor do I want to be THAT big) - but making my clothes fit nicer, better and just being able to breathe without huffing and puffing up the stairs would be ideal.

And I leave you with this:

"Grease is the word
Grease is the word, is the word that you heard
It's got groove it's got meaning
Grease is the time, is the place is the motion
Grease is the way we are feeling" 


:D
BIMU

PS On the flip side - it's officially 2 months into my "don't buy yarn for a year" resolution.  10 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment