Thursday 24 March 2016

Overwhelmed - But In A Good Way.

I don't know what I would do without the internet.
Sure I can think of a few things like:
  • Cook and bake more.
    • Which leads to eating more...
  • Watch more movies and television.
  • Read more!
  • Sleep more (hahahahahahaha!) - oh that was a funny one.
  • Clean more (^ multiplied by a million).
I have had my ups and downs with the internet you see - like any person - it's a constant love/hate relationship with the internet.

And now I'm going to share with you the power of the Internet.

I love the Internet for a variety of reasons. Here are some of them:
  • News around the world.
  • Email, chat, video chat services. It's how I keep in touch with family and friends every day.
  • Recipes. Pinterest.
  • Blogging and vlogging
  • Internet banking... and Internet shopping. 
  • Tutorials on anything and everything.
  • Google. Thanks to Google- I have won many arguments against the Hubster over which actor was in which show we had seen before. 
  • Entertainment for the kids. Which means (as a parent of the V-Man)- endless YouTube video playlists and consistency when traveling.
  • Finding out my kid might be on the ever so famous Autism spectrum. 
You get my point. I love the Internet and have a constant use for it and my phone battery hates me for it too.

So - Hubster and I aren't sure if we are going to live in Finland forever.
Initially, back in 2009, it was only a 4-years long contract. We brought our dogs with us, 5 large pieces of luggage, a couple carry one and a 26-weeks along baby bump.

We have been extremely fortunate in every service offered and available to us as parents of a special needs child:
* By "free" I mean government or city funded and we pay a ton of taxes here for good reason!
You can read more about his services and care here in this post.


His contract was renewed via a different university here and he was able to work locally with minimal travelling - so that has been awesome.
However, that contract is coming to an end by the end of this year and as we are unsure of whether or not his contract will be renewed but find out the end of next month....

My nerves have been been shocked beyond belief with this uncertainty and also the shock of "where did the time go?!  Wasn't I just pregnant with the V-Man?!"

Anyway, so the point of this is - I threw myself out there on Facebook and asked a Canadian-Finnish-based group for assistance in finding out what the Canadian healthcare system is like for children with autism and also which province/territory gives the best care.
Within less than 5 minutes, a lady e-mailed me from Central Canada with a bunch of information.  I am floored/shocked/in awe with a complete stranger coming forward and telling me the ropes - because let's face it -we're Canadians (Hubster and I - kids too, despite being born abroad) - but we know absolutely nothing about special needs assistance!
I also e-mailed every single Canadian or person who had a deep tie with Canada/Canadians (and not just from knowing me :P ) and they've been so amazing with information.

So in case you're in the same boat and moving to Canada or live there already - here's some info:
Anyway, this is one of the many other reasons why I love the internet.  People helping each other out and being kind.
So to each and every one of you who sent me a message of support and answered my multiple questions about moving back to my native country - thank you.
BIMU

PS Sorry this is late - A-Man has had a nasty tummy bug for the past 48 hours but now it seems to have calmed down!

No comments:

Post a Comment