Also, if I write them down and publicly - surely it helps me be responsible.
It's something I start thinking and planning around November, when I should be writing out Christmas cards and knitting/crocheting/sewing.
- Don't buy ANY yarn this year. Originally this was supposed to be "Don't buy yarn I don't need"...I do have a gift card that needs to be used by the end of June. That's my only exception - and I just might use it for needles or hooks instead. Not sure. Anyways, that's all I'll allow myself to buy. Or if I absolutely need it to finish a project...but I really do have too much yarn in storage...and in my bedroom...in the closet...everywhere.
- Minor exception: I can buy yarn for others as gifts.
- Don't shop as much for anything. It'd be nice to see the savings account go up instead of down...right?
- Eat healthier. While I might not go to the gym (not worth the money if I can't guarantee the time alone), I do try and hike, take the kids out and walk the dogs etc.
- Try at least 1 new recipe a week. - This is the same resolution I had last year with great results. The reason for this is because I was so tired of having the same meals on the same days, week after week. We were able to try new things and I was able to better budget and plan meals better - and the new dishes added new flavour and variety! :)
- This also forces SH and my kids to try new things too...they are the pickier eaters.
- Be a calmer parent. Easier said than done.
- Blog & craft more. I didn't do enough this past year - based on the number of WIP (work in progress) I have laying about...Sure I have knitting meetings every week - but I am usually spending that time entertaining A-Man and helping him use the bathroom it seems. I also read recently that knitting an hour a day is very calming and good for your health and so on...
- Be better organized/Clean more. I usually remember all the appointments and birthdays and so on. But this past Christmas I was terrible at getting cards out on time...or ordering photos. At this point, with the kids screeching - I'm probably going to have to skip it. Sorry folks.
We'll see how this goes.