Tuesday 2 September 2014

Learning About Finland: Huuto.net Purchase

If you didn't know, Huuto.net is the Finnish equivalent of EBay.
You create an account and user name and once approved, you can bid, sell or buy.

I shop there every so often for movies, video games and books...sometimes the odd craft supply or tool but I enjoy it.  It's completely in Finnish and that's fine for me.
If I'm interested in something, I always check the reviews of the seller to ensure they have at least 95% positive reviews and if there are any neutral or negative reviews - that they're not too serious.

Well, for a few days last week - the hubby wanted an Xbox One console.  They're coming out this week to City Market and other shops in Jyväskylä.
I thought I would try my luck on Huuto.net and I struck big with a guy who even lives in Central Finland and got his this past January in Germany!
Well, there was back and forth bidding and finally we decided to purchase it for the asking price - since the video games that were included (x3) were at least 60€ each in store (even second hand!).
So it was a great price.

I messaged the seller and we arranged a time and date for drop-off.
So I went up to our meeting location near my home (our drive way is too hard for people to find usually) and carried M-Girl with me.
I spotted the car and this tall young man with half his head shaved (bottom half), the remaining hair tied up in a small top knot, wearing big black leather coat with spikes and black jeans ...
I waved at him, introduced myself and him too and he asked where I'm from.
He showed me the Xbox One and everything was in mint condition as promised.  So as I was counting out money for him, he asked the baby's name and I asked if he's Finnish.

"Oh yes, 100 percent."
I thought this was highly entertaining...and when he heard about our choice in children names and that no, I am not married to a Finn, he was pleased and impressed and his voice softened to a "aww coochy coo" baby voice when I said M-Girl's name.
Yep big softy.




So I went home and gave him a positive rating and a nice compliment for being punctual and good with communication etc.
I received one back saying, that it was one of his easiest transactions and thanks again.


And I'm happy to say that I haven't had ANY negative experiences with Huuto.net that weren't fixed quickly by the seller (one time I had to pay extra for the postage when I picked up a package and I was quickly reimbursed by her).

So, just be careful that you make sure the seller has positive customer/buyer reviews, make sure you understand what the product includes and postage fees and go from there :).
BIMU

PS The Xbox One is bigger than the Xbox 360, can play Bluray and be hooked up to your older model Xbox because you cannot play older model games on the new One system.

No comments:

Post a Comment