Saturday 19 July 2014

Fried Eggplant

Last night for supper I made pizza and since SH is more of a meat-lovers pizza guy - I thought I'd try something different!
I make my pizza dough in a bread machine and then separate the dough into two or three chunks.
My pizza had: baby spinach, thinly sliced eggplant drizzled in sesame oil and a couple strips of prosciutto ripped into bits.
I meant to add feta but wasn't sure if it would taste alright with sesame oil.
The pizza was awesome and I had left over eggplant. So I beat two eggs and in a separate shallow bowl mixed panko with spices and breadcrumbs.
My photos of what they look like fried are on my Instagram account. :)


Anyways, I started to fry them in a bit of sesame oil but it wasn't getting as crispy as I'd like - so I added olive oil - about an inch of it in the pan and then they started to crisp and cook very nicely!

I had them for breakfast and they were so yummy...and then I dipped them in honey mustard salad dressing and it was alright...either way - I'm in trouble - they're so delightful!
I can see myself doing this with zucchini too!

Alright, I'm in a rush - V-Man just had a dump and is poking his mouth full of water and we're going to a birthday party that's being held outdoors.
Which means he'll probably run off a lot...but at least the weather's sizzling out - so it should be fun anyway...RIGHT?!

BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment