Friday 11 July 2014

Mini Cheesecakes!!

I went to a BBQ today with some friends and offered to bring dessert and when I found out there would be about twenty people going - I decided cookies was too much work but Mini Cheesecakes usually tickle everyone's fancy.

I used to just post photos of food and not really share recipes but I figure, why not??  
Currently watching "R.I.P.D."...it's interesting and I can barely move from over-eating at this fantastic party...I'm sure I resemble something like Jabba the Hut's sister...no really.
Anyways...ONTO THE FOOD PART!!!!!!!

This is the basic recipe from Kraft.

But I've made these a kajillion times with a wide variety of flavours and I'm going to share the two I made today!

The top photo is a new recipe that I tried today.

PB&J Mini Cheesecakes (made 18)
I used (and I apologize now that my measurements are NEVER exact so just go with the flow!):
  • 2 small packages of Light Kraft cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • Fresh halved strawberries
  • Half a coffee cup (.4dl is the standard cup size) of sugar 
  • Cookies for a base - Oreos, vanilla-cream - whatever you have that's the closest is ideal.
  • A whopping tablespoon of peanut butter (I don't mean the tablespoon measurement spoon - I mean a regular huge tablespoon in your utensils drawer and digging into the jar of PB and scooping it out and chucking it in there...)
    • Put the strawberry half on the cookie of choice (vanilla cream cookies are nice too) and then cover with peanut butter cheesecake mix. Bake according to the recipe link above.
I was really excited about this because I love PB&J sandwiches and I always wanted to create something sweet but salty at the same time and in a mini cheesecake!
I have also made a Rocky Road version but don't have a photo of one currently.

Peanut-Butter and Jam
 This is the Chocolate & Cherry (made 13) version - same thing but I used chocolate cream cheese (2 packages) and added a candied cherry on top before baking them in the oven.  Super easy and you can use different coloured cherries for holidays too! :)
Enjoy and if you loved these - please share this with your friends and folks!!
BIMU  :D

PS Other flavours I've made using the basic recipe?
  • Blueberries
  • Chocolate and vanilla swirl
  • Lemon with chocolate drizzle
  • Rocky Road (candied cherry, chocolate, marshmallows and peanuts)
  • Mixed berries
  • Mint & Chocolate chip
  • Loads others - it's been awhile or making them! :)

1 comment:

  1. They were so yummy! I am totally going to do these for a wedding/potluck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete