Thursday 10 July 2014

Go the F to sleep -the best book ever

It's past the kids bed time and 2/3 are still awake.
Dinner's in the oven for Super Hubby and I...turkey breast in case you're wondering...and I'm lying here waiting for my lovely little party animals to go to sleep.
Have you heard of the book, "Go the F*ck to Sleep"? I strongly recommend getting it for nights like these...where the little munchkins will not sleep and do everything in their powers to ensure the siblings don't either. If you look up the book title on YouTube, there's a fantastic reading by Samuel L. Jackson. A fantastic voice and actor...he can totally relate to us parents fighting, begging and praying for our kids to sleep so we can have a bit of peace and quiet or free time to do things without sticky fingers covered in who knows what.
I had first heard about this book on Perez Hilton's website and after sharing it with SH and hearing Samuel L. Jackson's voice..we decided to buy a copy.
I thought it would be a great story read out loud to the kids and sometimes I do just that. I change the curse words out loud...but in my mind...I'm screaming them on top of my lungs.
I have a few friends having babies soon and you know what? I may just order them a copy for a parent gift. Ha.

And of course, now that I'm finished blogging all of this...they're finally asleep. (NOT complaining...guess this is how I'll get most of my blogging done!)
Time for dinner...wahoo!!
BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment