Saturday 26 July 2014

My New Toy: The Juice Extractor

I think the name of my juicing machine sounds like it should be voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. It sounds like it'll crush your fruit to bits and pieces and you're going to be left with is a good cup of fresh juice.

I've been wanting a juicing machine for years! Ever since my bff back home got hers and tossed in some apples and made me the most lovely cup of apple juice. It doesn't even taste like the stuff from the grocery store!
I had recently contemplated juicing as a diet but I love food too much to simply fast on juice!
That and a nursing student friend advised against it as I'm still breastfeeding.

So I had been keeping an eye out for a machine second hand and low and behold, there was the OBH Nordica Juice Extractor (Swedish link) with all the pieces available in my favourite thrift store.
I warned SH that I saw one and he didn't write back. So I left it in the stall, walked around the shop and an hour later, still no response.
So I did what I felt was necessary. I looked online to compare prices and saw that it was being sold in front of me for 25€. That was 1/4 of the regular asking price based on a review site I was on.
Still no response from SH so I collected the table earnings from when I rented a table recently and bought it.

SH wasn't too happy when I got home with it, but I didn't care.
He cannot digest fruit and veggies so the only alternative is to juice the fruit at least and get him to drink that.  That and the kids love juice but sometimes hate eating fruit - so again, best way to get their vitamins in them easily and willingly is to give it via juice.

I've been keeping it safe using fruits that he likes but eventually I'll start adding some green veggies and see the reaction from everyone then! :)
BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment