Sunday 13 July 2014

The Latest Fad: Oil Pulling

There are a load of other blogs and articles discussing this "oil pulling" trend, so I'll keep it short.
I read on Facebook somewhere that oil pulling (the swishing of a nice oil in your mouth - like coconut oil, for upwards of 20 minutes) can help with whitening teeth and getting rid of nasty toxins in your body.
I'm a bit behind with trends but thought I'd try it anyway.
I have a jar of soft coconut oil that wasn't being used, and began to swish while reading more about it.
My jaws started hurting so I relaxed and tried to not swish so much or so hard. 
I managed to get about 5 minutes going of good swishing and was reading more about it - different people's experiences and so on.  Then A-Man noticed I was making noises with my mouth without opening it and that sparked his curiosity even further.  He decided to try and poke his fingers into my mouth and make me laugh.

I'll have to try it again, but I did like the feeling after, despite only going for 5-minutes!  My teeth felt quite smooth after and nice.  Much easier than Listerine!
I read that it thickens and doubles in size when you go into the 20-minutes swishing phase - not sure how much I'll enjoy that part - but I'm willing to give it a try! :)
BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment