Thursday 24 July 2014

KNITTING!

Yes I knit and crochet and I love knitting/crocheting so much that I rarely get anything more than a hat finished - ever.
I love buying yarn for "I'll make that later" projects and I have loads of patterns in my library on Ravelry...but I rarely finish things!

Well, I saw this pattern  (sensitive material) being made at one of my knitting groups I participate in and they're socks with penises on them.
Yeah - I thought about them for a full 24 hours and decided I must make a pair for myself.

 First of all - I'm an English-style knitter!  Which means I carry my yarn in my right hand but as you can see - the yarn is in my left and you can thank my friend for trying to convert me and I think she may have successfully done so!
Continental (above) with the yarn in the left hand IS faster and less work for your right hand to do and no need to push the stitches off with your finger and end up poking your fingers with the needle tips!

Then the colour work... (right photo above)
It's EASY! I never thought I could do it as so much twisting was required (so I thought) and again, Dr. Yarn (as we call her jokingly) taught me another trick that no longer involves twisting balls of yarn and being on the verge of tears as they tangle three stitches later...
And yeah, those are my hands knitting 2 colours (alternating) at the same time with one colour on one side and the other colour on the other hand...does that make me an English-Continental knitter? Or a Continental-English knitter??

So I'm excited - I learned a lot today and will finish these socks!!
I typically don't even knit things that come in two because they never end up identical in sizing or shape! But I figure if there's a chart and colour work involved - then perhaps I stand a chance.


BIMU



PS Yes, it's also possible that I blog without mentioning family, Autism or food! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment