Saturday 12 July 2014

"Try" - Colbie Caillat

I'm so far behind on music videos and the latest singers.  I get most of my celebrity gossip from People (yes one of my many guilty pleasures)... I just skim through and ooh and ahh during awards seasons at all the dresses and so on.
Anyway, one thing that caught my eye was this video, "Try" by Colbie Caillat.

I LOVE IT.

It's a fantastic message for women and girls of all ages all over that you don't have to be someone you're not.

As a mother of three children - I suppose until I had M-Girl - I thought these inspirational videos were great but it didn't "really hit home" until she was born.
This other one is fairly recent and of course has gone viral...about what it means to be "like a girl" (made by Always).

That's not to say that as a mom of 2 boys first, I didn't think of being on the opposite end of the powerful messages for women.
Just because you have a son(s) does not mean you cannot teach them to be a gentleman.  How to understand that "no" means no and that they should be brave enough to step in and help someone in need.

But now, that we do have a little girl in the family - it's hard to NOT think about her going through the same pressures of media and society that many girls/young ladies go through in their lifetime.

Anyway, I just thought the video and lyrics were lovely and had to share it.
BIMU


No comments:

Post a Comment