Saturday 23 August 2014

Brownie Bowls

You know how there are so many awesome food and craft-related things on the internet?
I'll create a separate page soon of my favourites!!
And you know how sometimes you get inspired to try one of those things that you see scrolling through your Facebook newsfeed?
You know what I mean..."Oh - Ashley posted this and it looks so easy....Oh I could do that for Megan's baby shower/potluck thing....Oh I HAVE to do this!! Yes - I'm even marking down what I need for it..."

Well, I had one of those moments a couple days ago.
I did scroll through my Facebook feed and one friend of mine Jamie - always posts awesome food things.  I don't think she actually tries to do most of it - but it's nice to get inspired every now and again!
Then I saw this...a bowl for ice-cream sundaes made out of brownies.  I thought of doing it for a pot luck I had to go to today and if it was successful (both in making it and how the other guests liked it) - I would do it for my boys' joint birthday party in few months!

I didn't know what brownie recipe to use off the top of my head but went to my most trusted cook book of all time.
Company's Coming: Kid's Cooking!  (Link to Book Depository - which I love and am not sponsored or paid by!)  This was my first cookbook of any kind and while I wasn't allowed to make a grilled cheese sandwich as a child (in my parents fear of me burning the house down) - I've kept it no matter what.
(It's almost 20 years old!! Good grief!)

So I used the brownie recipe in there (minus the walnuts), sprayed the pans well and used a silicone brush to spread the grease evenly everywhere.  I baked them at 175*C for 15 minutes and they eased out of the pan without any problems!!

Then once they were cooled down, I tossed them into a container, packed some vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sprinkles and went off to house-warm!!

You can find the photo of it in my Instagram account!Do feel free to follow me :)  Loads of food photos, faceless shots of the kids and funny stuff.

Another way I want to serve these brownie cups - for those with lactose intolerance or just don't like ice-cream - would be with fruit salad...and a dallop of whipped cream or honey...I think it'd be lovely.

BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment