Saturday 30 August 2014

My Jogging Journal: Day 3 - Semi-Fail

Today we didn't jog.
BUT!

I woke up at 6:30am thanks to 2/3 kids and took A-Man out hiking with a friend and our dogs.
Then we went downtown (V-Man was content watching Shrek and eating his seaweed rice crackers) and we went to the fabric shop because I want to make him an infinity scarf (well, all three kids) with a cute monster print, saw a police display and then after some groceries, nearly got ran over by Little My and Moomin.
I had no idea these events were going on today and wished I had my camera with me!
That and I nearly got ran over by a bunch of 2-feet high children, their parents and Little My herself!
They had a song and dance, face paint and colouring area...and were giving out xylitol pastilles (looks like candy, tastes like candy but they're usually sugar-free and good for children's teeth!  Also common in toothpaste as opposed to fluoride.)...

Oh and I bumped into my 2-year old's 2nd girlfriend, E.  She's adorable - just started walking recently I think and apparently E's mom had no idea about their little relationship...
I only found out recently that girlfriend H (gf #1) and him have called it quits mostly...
She was shocked and then of course my 2-year old took that shock level up a notch by gently guiding her daughter out of the crowd, spun her around and gave her a sweet kiss.
I caught it on my cell phone but it was more of his pulling away and her looking happy and trying to pull off the innocent face...

When we finally got home, after a trip to the playground, I started the pizza dough in the bread machine and what do you know?
I was out of tomato paste.  GO ME.

Back onto the bus I go with V-Man and poor guy fell flat on his face (I think the layers under his neon orange coat prevents any teeth damage) after we hopped off the bus...even the driver stopped to make sure he was okay!! (Which may not always happen in Finland - not that they're ignorant - just they're busy and often on the go...but my friend was driving this bus!)
He was fine though and off we went.

We walked around for at least an hour and the poor kid, we were trying to get off the bus and normally he's great about bus etiquette (getting on, staying seated and leaving) - but today he wouldn't leave.
I usually give a couple minutes warning to my boys when it's time to get off the bus - I figure it takes about 30 seconds for them to hear me and for their juicy brains to grab the concept that the bus is going to stop soon and we have to get off...
But he wouldn't move.

OH NO - not another boulder position!  I do NOT have the time for this mister!!  The bus driver is waiting and we aren't the last stop...oh dear...
And I said so.
And I pulled his hand and tugged for him to move forward and he started to laugh.
Good grief - he was SO getting on my nerves!!  I'm tired, I was starving and the dough was probably ready for me to whip up some pizzas for dinner...but no.  He wasn't budging.
I went back to the chair to actually see what was going on - and the handle of his harness was stuck between the seats.
Oops.
V-Man - 1 point  Me - 0
Thankfully he seems like the forgiving type of child and we merrily went on our way...the driver didn't yell or shake his fist at us - so clearly he saw my kid was stuck before I did and probably has labelled me the village idiot mother.

Tomorrow we'll jog.
BIMU

PS: Don't let the English dubbed Moomins on Youtube fool you.  It's not Little My (like "eye") - it's more like "Muu".

No comments:

Post a Comment