Wednesday 13 August 2014

Happy Finniversary To Me!

A Finniversary is a term I totally made up (maybe it existed before but seeing as I didn't know anyone living in Finland - I'll just roll with it) to reflect how many years I've lived in Finland.

I can hardly believe it!
2009 seems like last month and yet here it is - 2014!
Has 5 years really flown by that fast?  It seems so based on my household anyway - 3 kids (each two years apart) who were all born in Finland and have some seriously old-school Finnish names... and we still have those 2 dogs...

Why move to Finland?
SH began and completed his phD here.  So we packed up two dogs, as much stuff as we'd need for an initial 4-years contract (i.e. winter and summer clothes), missed some flights and so on - and while 26-weeks pregnant with V-Man - touched down in Finland on August 13, 2009.

What have you learned so far in the past 5-years?
That I love it here.  Sure some of the paperwork stinks (i.e. proving my marriage so my firstborn (and later children) could have a father listed) but other than that - it's a safe place.
I can walk my dogs out in the middle of the night without fear of being mugged or randomly beaten (or kidnapped and found a few months later in the woods)...I can leave my children to sleep outside in their stroller - yep even in the winter...
I do have lots of Finnish friends and I cherish them all because I know it might not be overly easy to make a Finnish friend but once you do - this saying is true: "A Finnish friend is a friend for life." 
Also the care and assistance we get here because of V-Man being autistic - awesome.  I really don't know how we'd survive in another country - even our own!  Not bashing any other country! - just saying that I don't know what kinds of health care is out there for young autistic children and when they get older - so I'm very grateful to be living here with my family.

In fact, I have learned so much about life in Finland that I had even started a blog, "Learning About Finland".
Oh, it's not linked and you can't find it?  Yeah me either.  And that's mostly because my e-mail was hacked into on July 2, 2014 and my blogger profile removed without my consent (as is the case with most hacking situations).

Turned out I had a keyboard hijacking program on my computer...and the ding dong that hacked my computer erased all of my e-mails and one of my BFFs managed to break back into my e-mail and change my password to something so absurd - it's not easy for the hacker to crack.
And I know you're still trying Mr(or Miss/Mrs) Hackity Poo.  I can still get into my old e-mail account and I can see all the recent activity of failed attempts of trying to break into it.
I am confident I know who it is and I'm sure if you were a previous follower or reader of mine - you'd have a rough idea too...but I won't spoil that part yet for awhile.

I also had a blog called "That Funny Mama" which was more like what this blog is now - food, crafts, life with my kids (especially super V-Man) and so on.

But thanks to technology and to the person who decided to imitate me and created some fake blogs with my name in it - I had a friend of mine copy all the data from the fake blog - not your fake rude/racists posts - just the stuff before it...and I'll find a way to in-put it into this blog.
Sure it'll take time - but like the police - resources are limited so time is aplenty! 
Sure I'll miss a lot of posts and funny experiences from my Learning About Finland blog - but that's alright.  I'm done being angry and am just happy knowing you're a sad, jealous person and I'm quite content continuing to collect more and more evidence that points you as the culprit.

Photo not mine - courtesy of a Google search for "Karma quotes" >Images.
And yes, if you're hoping to delete ALL of the e-mails I had on my computer - the ones incriminating your work and hoping to save public face after the repeated times I debunked some things on your site - you're SOL (sh*t out of luck) pal.
I have those e-mails somewhere nice and safe...and printed copies which will be handed into the police.
Should you try again to figure out my new e-mail - I should probably give you a hand and let you know that I had sent all of the e-mails to other people - so I'll always have access to a digital copy of them.

I am a true believer in karma and what goes around comes around.

What do you miss about Canuckville (Canada)?
Friends and family, being able to watch my children grow up and play with my other friends' kids, My cats - who are staying with my in-laws thankfully!, various shops and Kraft Peanut butter!!

So what will you do now?
I plan to just keep trucking on.  Thankfully the hubster has another contract with another university here - so we're in Finland for a few more years yet! :)

Quick edit before I hit the sack!To all of our friends in Finland who have helped us translate Kela papers, set up things for our family (i.e. bank accounts, appointments etc.), introduced us to other people and help drive us to and from places - WE THANK YOU.
Thanks to you - we've made a life here and are proud to call Finland our home.
Paljon kiitos.

Anyway, enough of that - it's time to move on and up with this blog!
WAHOO! have a good one!
BIMU

 PS: I haven't directly mentioned who probably hacked that blog but if it magically disappears - then I'm sure it's the same person behind everything.
The hacking of my e-mail, my blogs, the comments on my blog harassing me, the creator of the fake blogs (including stolen photos of my boys) all boil down to one (maximum two) people.
Update Aug. 23, 2014 - take a look on the right-hand side of my blog and you'll see "Learning About Finland".  Click there to find all my posts that involve my experiences in Finland! :)  Think of it as me re-working and re-writing my history here but in a much pinker blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment